Workshop 1: The Lumbopelvic complex (12 – 14 July 2013).
This workshop examine the kinetic linkage of the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joint (SIJ), hip and the pelvic musculature. Participants will be taught how to:
– Differential diagnosis between lumbar spine and SIJ dysfunction
– Apply articular assessments and treatment techniques for the lumbar spine, pelvic complex and SIJ, based on the combination of Maitland, Kaltenborn, Brian Edwards, Mulligan and Osteopathic concepts
– Apply fascia and membrane assessments and treatment techniques for the lumbopelvic complex and abdomen
– Apply myogenic assessments and treatment techniques for the SIJ and lumbar spinal segments
– Exercise based therapy using form/force closure and movement functions for the lumbopelvic complex